Project management is the discipline of organizing and managing resources (e.g. people) in a way that the project is completed within defined scope, ...

Dhirubhai Ambani's words of wisdom

Dhirubhai Ambani's words of wisdom

Below are some of Dhirubhai Ambani's words of wisdom published on
rediff. I found them inspiring and through of sharing with you all if
you have not read them already.

* True entrepreneurship comes only from risk-taking.

* Pursue your goal, even in the face of difficulties. Convert
difficulties into opportunities. Keep your morale high, in spite of
setbacks. At the end you are bound to succeed.

* My advice to young entrepreneurs is not to accept defeat in the face
of odds. Challenge negative forces with hope, self-confidence and
conviction. I believe that ambition and initiative will ultimately
triumph. The success of the young entrepreneur will be the key to
India's transformation in the new millennium.

* I have trusted people and they have put their trust in me. I have
encouraged youth, and they have never let me down. I have asked my
people to take initiative and to take risks. It has paid me rich
dividends. I insist on excellence. This helps us to be leaders. Reliance
is built on some of these principles.

* The secret of Reliance's success was to have ambition and to know the
minds of men.

* Growth has no limit at Reliance. I keep revising my vision. Only when
you dream it you can do it.

* We must forge a new partnership for a great India. A strong and
constructive partnership between industry, government and society.

* We must always go for the best. Do not compromise on quality. Reject
if it is not the best -- not only the best in India, but globally.

* If India wants to be a great nation, we must have courage to trust.
This is my sincere belief.

* All we have to do is to break the shackles that chain the energies of
our people, and India's economy will record a quantum leap and move into
a new, higher orbit of growth, competitiveness and productivity.

* For those who dare to dream, there is a whole world to win!

* I am deaf to the word 'no.'

* Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one's monopoly.

* Our dreams have to be bigger. Our ambitions higher. Our commitment
deeper. And our efforts greater. This is my dream for
Reliance and for India.

* I consider myself a pathfinder. I have been excavating the jungle and
making the road for others to walk. I like to be the first in everything
I do.

* Give the youth a proper environment. Motivate them. Extend them the
support they need. Each one of them has infinite source of energy. They
will deliver.

* If you work with determination and with perfection, success will
follow.

* Between my past, the present and the future, there is one common
factor: Relationship and Trust. This is the foundation of our growth.

* We bet on people.

* Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the deadlines is my
expectation.

* Don't give up, courage is my conviction.

* Roll up your sleeves and help. You and your team share the same DNA.

* Be a safety net for your team.

* Always be the silent benefactor. Don't tom-tom about how you helped
someone.

* Dream big, but dream with your eyes open.

* Leave the professional alone!

* Change your orbit, constantly!

* Money is not a product by itself, it is a by-product, so don't chase
it